Monday, August 2, 2010

"Congregation Ordains Catholic Female Pastor"

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/aug/01/congregation-ordains-catholic-female-pastor/

I'm going to let that headline go, no matter how much it begs to be fisked.

No, here's what caught my eye -- the explanation of how Ms. Corran, apparently a Presbyterian, came to discern her vocation to the Catholic priesthood.

"After returning to San Diego to care for her ailing father, she became 'certified and ready for call' to ordination in the Presbyterian Church (USA).  But intrigued by Mary Magdalene, she attended its first liturgy and noticed the shift in the locus of power."


Boy, that brings back the memories. I'll never forget the first time I went into a Catholic church, noticed the locus of power, and said, "Hey, this is for me."

No comments:

Post a Comment